What Is Pilates?
Pilates is an integrated system of exercises that focuses on developing core strength and stability and improving posture and spinal alignment.
The Pilates system of exercises aims to restore the natural curves of the spine, creating better shock absorption, load bearing capacity and correct muscle length/tension relationships in the body.
The aim of Pilates is to achieve more efficient body movement and heightened body awareness, improved posture, flexibility and strength.
The main Benefits of Pilates include:
- Tones and sculpts your body without bulking up
- Improves strength
- Encourages weight loss
- Increases energy
- Reduces stress
- Improves flexibility and mobility
- Corrects postural/muscle imbalances
- Prevents and rehabilitates injuries
- Improves posture and body awareness
- Improves overall health and wellbeing