1. Drink plenty of water. This is your body’s number one way to eliminate toxins. Drink at least two litres of water each day to keep your body hydrated and assist it to remove toxins.
2. Exercise. The lymphatic system (our ‘cleansing system’) is stimulated by muscle contraction. So, any exercise that increases your range of movement and encourages muscular contractions will assist to detoxify your body.
3. Eat a healthy diet. Reduce the amount of toxins that you put into your body by choosing organic meats, fruits and vegetables and reducing your intake of saturated fat. Berries in particular are high in antioxidants and are fabulous for boosting your body’s detox system.
4. Dry body brush. Using a body mitt, loofah or brush, massage your skin in gentle circular movements. Dry body brushing unblocks pores, removes dead skin cells and stimulates your lymphatic system.
5. Watch your breath. Efficient breathing oxygenates your blood and allows for the removal of an enormous amount of carbon dioxide from your body. Slow, deep breathing encourages a full breath. Feel your ribcage expand in all directions as you push the air to the backs and sides of your lungs.
6. Stretch! Stretching releases toxins from your body and improves blood circulation.